Let’s look at 5 reasons why Arsenal will win the Europa league.
- The duo of Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang up front form a lethal partnership. These two strikers are on a red hot form after a lethal performance in the both legs of semi finals. Either as a front two or with Aubameyang playing out in the wings, they have combined well to form a bulk of the team’s goals this season. The Gabonese has been brilliant in front of goal, even securing a hattrick in the second leg of the semi final against Valencia. The connection between these two is currently the best in Europe. Aubameyang has 8 goals to his name in the Europa League and another two or three in the final will see him become the highest scorer.
- Arsenal have a much well balanced squad this time around. The partnership of Laurent Koscielny and Sokratis has been solid in the defense. With Arsenal switching out to a back three, Maitland Niles and Kolasinac have done commendable jobs as wing backs. Especially Niles who has filled up the position of Bellerin well. Ozil as usual pulls the strings in the midfield with Henrikh Mkhitaryan providing support. The likes of Xhaka and Lucas Torreira on the field and Iwobi and Mustafi on the bench provide Emery plenty of chances to switch around.
- Unai Emery is like the Zinedine Zidane of the Europa League. With three successive Europa League titles to his name, Emery is a big reason for the form of the Gunners. The Spaniard is a successful coach having previously won the league in France. He has indeed bought out the best of the Arsenal squad in the Europa League. Even while operating under a restricted budget, Emery knows how to utilize his resources well and brings out the best from his players.
- Arsenal only have the Europa League to salvage some pride. They have already lost out on a fourth place in the Premier League to rivals Tottenham, by the narrowest of margins. With hopes of Champions League football drowned, Arsenal will have to win the Europa League cup for their fans around the world.
- Its fair to say that Arsenal have been an absolute beast in the Europa League. They topped the group stages without losing any match and progressed quite well from the quarter finals defeating heavy weights like Napoli and Valencia. Now, its just Chelsea left for Arsenal to overcome.