Here are 5 reasons why the Spurs will be crowned the winner of the 2019 UEFA Champions League.
- Tottenham know how to fight back- Firstly hats off to Ajax! The fairy tale run of the young Ajax side came to an unbelievable halt against Pochettino’s men. While Tottenham were largely outplayed in their first leg in Amsterdam, Spurs came back around in the second leg. Their win over City in the quarter finals was just utter madness. In a gala of goals and late drama, Tottenham qualified. Despite being down by three on aggregate against Ajax, Tottenham did not give up. They have been fighting back in this entire UCL campaign and they will put up a worthy challenge to the mighty Reds as well.
- Two brilliant forwards- Liverpool might have a threatening trio up front, but Spurs have their own dynamic duo leading the attacks. Lucas Moura and Son Hueng Min are by far the best Tottenham players this season. Moura went from being a PSG outcast to a Tottenham hero. His almost super human display in the second leg of the semi finals propelled Tottenham to their first ever UCL finals. His second half performance of bagging a hattrick, even earned a perfect ten with L’Equipe. With Harry Kane sitting out injured, Son finally displayed his full prowess. The Korean is at his brilliant best and Tottenham will be riding on him and Moura to score.
- Mauricio Pochettino proving his mettle- If Liverpool have Jurgen Klopp, Tottenham have Mauricio Pochettino. Since taking over the reins for Tottenham in 2014, Pochettino has done well for the club. Although he lacks silverware in his cabinet, there is no doubt that the Argentine is a brilliant coach. He will be raring to go and win his first Europe final. The final will be a battle of coaches. Both of them like free flowing football with high pressing. Pochettino has proved this season why Tottenham Hotspurs are the team to win the Champions League.
- Tottenham have shown insane amount of courage- Many had written off Tottenham from even progressing through the group stages. But they proved them wrong. When they drew Man City in the quarters, pundits gave no hope to Tottenham, but they defied the odds and moved on. Needing three goals to win versus Ajax, Tottenham showed a tremendous amount of courage in the second half. While many teams might have just given up, Tottenham kept on trying until the final whistle. As a result Lucas Moura scored the third goal with the last kick of the game. Spurs know how to fight back against tough oppositions and they won’t give up until the final whistle.
- A bit of luck- Tottenham have been lucky this season in the Champions League. Pochettino’s men were not at their best sometimes, especially at the back. Ajax far too easily opened Tottenham’s defence in both the legs scoring goals. They would have scored some more had it not been for Lloris and a bit of luck. In the quarter finals even, City’s last goal was ruled offside, thereby allowing Tottenham to move on. Maybe lady luck will be shining on them in the finals also.